Thursday, December 01, 2005

Salina the International Delurking Project

Those who know me know I LOVE me some salt (about as much as I LOVE me some sugar- these are 2 of my 4/5 main food groups- salt, sugar, dairy, meat and the joker group- which is anything else I decide I like but doesn't fit into one of the other 4). I believe I may have frightend Polly with my salt lick and soy sauce tendancies this past summer. And now I am adding salt to my knitting. Well Salina is what Kim Hargreaves called it. And I do quasi-speak the mother tongue Spanish so… Salina from Vintage Knits is Salt to my mush for matter brain. Now when the TBM were going on I bought the yarn to make Salina. The deal was too good to pass up (41 euros!! for yarn AND pattern). I managed to kick cure my case of indecision with the knowledge that I could come back and exchange it, Bless Marie! And after an hour of that place, really I am in such a state of overwhelm and confustion that I just want out! Now as one sweater (Helen's Sweater) is very close to crossing the finishing line, my next project is at first and heading towards second, and really now- I don't have enough knitting on the table with all those other little details, I figured NOW would be a good time to start my thought process on Salina. Yes people follow the genius... shut up in the back row... and follow ME. Ok so today I am bored out of my gourd. The new job is DEAD right now, which normally I would enjoy but I have already read the NYT, FT, and Le Monde. I have gone through my bloglines and replied to all recent emails. I have watched CNN on the organization’s internal circuit internet/TV and knit on Clapotis during my “lunch” break (at 12 dropped stitches and going straight!). And I still have NOTHING to do for the next 3 or so hours, before I can make a run to La Poste and for the Bon Marche (to pick up my TBM yarn, get some extra Clapotis yarn- same dyelot I HOPE, and maybe attend a Lefooding event with a friend who want to learn to knit). So here yee hear yee- I am declaring this international delurking day. Step up have an opinon- it's not like you will wear the sweater. This is interactive knitblogging people, and I like to hear an echo everyonce in a while :) I am debating about the following colours... And now I ask you to get active. All three of you reading, please help me choose a color. Do a girl's ego some good and vote. Vote often and VOTE :) I would like to think that this is a sweater I will wear a bunch, both through the Winter if I get it done in time but also in Spring, Fall, and even cool Summer nights. So below you will find the following feuding colours of Felted Tweed. (Yes I alliterate when I have nothing else to fucking do but think up same lettered words)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Herb Crush Sigh Rage
Now here is the part where you pretend that I can figure out how the hell to insert a freaking blogpoll and you choose one of the following responses and insert it as a comment. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!! A. Tink go and smoke the happy Herb B. Sing it with me now- "I've got a Crush on you" C. Sigh... do I HAVE to choose a colour?? D. Rage my friend. Rage against the machine. E. Look I might be colourblind- but I can participate and delurk too!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

A. Definitely A. I like what my friend calls "icky green." Plus, isn't that what the pattern is photographed in? I'm always a sucker for the original color.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Cara said...

Is it? Could it be? No, no - I can't believe it! A kindred soul? A BRUCE FAN?!

Ooo Ooo I've got a crush on you! All the way!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

I like the green. Plus we know it looks good on you -- look at your sidebar pic! But if you feel anti-green for some reason, my second vote is the purple. Deep purple sweaters always feel rich to me.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous jackie said...

A, A, All the way.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Manda said...

The green will definitely look nice on you, but I'm a fan of purple... so A or C ! :)

... delurking! :)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Apparently more than three readers... I'm delurking... I'm not usually the quiet type but you know, the language. I have to pretend that I don't read your blog. :)

I say "C" because they're all stunning colors, will all look awesome on you, and I would stare for hours at those colors at the yarn shop saying... which one? which one? I might change to a different yarn because the color decision is so tough! heh

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Emma said...

Rage is a most beautiful,rich colour,in which you would glow. I vote D.
That,and give up the salt !!!


xox

6:19 PM  
Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said...

I think A, followed by D (am working on the single transferrable vote system here).

~x~

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Holly said...

I'm liking the Rage. Definitely the Rage... but that's just a "me" color. :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

I guess I'm just different... I like B.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oooh, go smoke that herb! Love that color!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green, green, green.

1:37 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Don't you think the name Rage is tres, tres appropriate, Tink dear?

;-)

2:49 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Rage! Rage against the machine! (this is hand knitting, after all)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous IDA said...

I would find that difficult too , but herb or crush... I think.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Green. You know you have to listen to me.

8:06 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I vote for A

7:03 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

I would definitely choose Herb. It is such a great color. You can't go wrong. I made a ruffle scarf out of both felted tweed purple and red and i wish i had picked up the green instead.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous jess said...

i like herb. (hee hee)

seriously, it's a rustic-looking pattern, and that green is just rustic-looking enough, plus will look fab on you.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home