Monday, December 19, 2005

Cake or Death...

Lemme think about that one alright?? Note to Life... Take it down a notch. Pretty Please. Gros Bisous avec un Cerise... Tink Oy. This weekend and the knitting and the getting ready to go on "vacation" and the... oh yeah the photos that make me want to jump off the knitting bridge. So in short form here is the 411. Note this is my last post before I head over the big blue pond on a plane (and possibly till the New Year depending on how things go at Mama Mao's (and whether I kill her and her "snores louder than a moped and lives in denial" ass) and then what all goes on when I am back- but happy, happy; joy, joy- one thing has gone right and in January (but not January One cause I am not that cool, nor capable) I will move the blog to its own independant URL and site using MT. And I will never ever again have to deal with the hell of blogger. Amen) So where do we stand. Well on the positive side (cause you know once those words come out the mouth there is a yin to the yang. The kind that makes you want to take yin and yank yang before taking them out back for some "Holiday" cheer) we have two finished knitted gifts. Mama Mao will not be sporting toeless socks as I finished them up and all is seamed in. I didnt graft them as I find grafting to be the antichrist but I did them in true vintage style- three needle bind off. Yes the socks be DONE. Gussets weren't perfect, but they do look pretty nice. Only another knitter would notice the gussets anyways. But riddle me this Batman- how the fuck do I end up using one ball of yarn on each of these socks to get to here. And then have one be half a pattern repeat (5 rounds) longer than the other... But the good thing is that the Bon Marche had my yarn and even in the same dyelot. Score one for Tink. Next knitted gift well it was done and decided to be added to the list after fiasco numero tres. Here we have one of my all time favorite basic cables hat in one of my all time favorite Cashmerino Aran colours (Cranberry). Why well cause it is quick and see below. So um the Christmas elves (both at work screwing up my pay meaning I get my raise but NEXT MONTH yeah, don't get me started) left my ass coal at this stage. Murphy and I are like... *THIS* Serious boys and girls, Clapotis... it hateth me. All over my irrational love of even numbers. If I had just stopped at 21, I would be done. But no... I wouldn't do that. I did 22 straight repeats and then at the tail end of the decrease rounds... you know the story. I ran out of yarn. Score 1 for Demonic Christmas Elves. I SOOOOOO should have just fucking bought that extra ball of yarn in my dyelot when I went last time, but noooooooo I was SURE that I would have enough. I DID NOT. And after trying to scramble all my scraps together (cause I only started balls on the purlside) I was at 23 st left. Do you know how pathetic this is. Cause yes there is no more yarn in Paris of this dyelot, or *swift kick in the ass* colour. Fuck me raw and over the chainsaw. SHIT. FUCK. BUGGER. Earth shaking?? That was me twitching on Sunday. When I had anticipated being all DONE. So I had to sit and think. Clapotis is LOVELY (besides the HATING ME bit) and I love it lots (even though it doesn't love me- why dont the inanimate objects love me??) but I am at a cross roads. (And then I sat and though about why the hell the EBay seller Cucumberpatch can't be arsed to answer a simple question (can she ship faster or in side the EU) so I can purchase one pack of RYC Cashsoft DK in Sage to make me a Clapotis of my own. NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION LADY!!) Do I leave it as is, buy a ball of yarn in Seattle and sneak finish the fucker up? Do I rip the bitch out and take it down one repeat and use it as a blanket to knit on the flight over (HOPING that it would be done in that time)? Do I scream at the inanimate object and then smack myself silly for playing with le fati ignoranti? (Yeah ummm I already did that for those playing the game) Who knows I have yet to decide but since I am on a plane in about 18 hours, a decision will be made sometime during them.. End of the first half: The score is even. Demonic Christmas Elves 1 v. Tink 1 and one half left to be decided. Ps... this post has been brought to you by parentheses. Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays to all of you and all your close ones. Hold someone, eat some cookies and take a moment to smile and enjoy the season!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Cara said...

Good luck with the move! Fingers crossed it will be seamless. I moved from blogger to MT and it wasn't that hard at all.

Have a great holiday! Happy January One! ;-)

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Sil said...

Yeah on getting the sock done for mamma-san. Sounds like one ebay seller will be getting some negative feedback. Good travelling back to the US for the holiday.

5:22 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

While you're in Seattle you should come to our SnB meetups. Purlygirls meet at El Diablo Coffee on Queen Anne, Mondays at 5:30pm. Seattle SnB meets on Wednesdays at Verite Coffee/Cupcake Royale in Ballard at 7pm. Hope to see you there!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip to the Northwest (correct?). And hey! Tink can beat any yarn crisis! Thanks for the wonderful blogging in 2005 and look forward to your wonderful writing in 2006. Terry in SF

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said...

*passes over balloons currently tied to monitor* Like that will help matters any: but they are helium balloons, and this means you can float away with them, to a happy place.

~x~

4:05 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

This is a nice post about variety of Socks and its a very needed information.
Thanks for such an important post.
Thanks

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home