Monday, November 28, 2005

The one in which she makes Tigger look like he took a hit off the bong…

I don’t know how it is any different from any other post I put up but here we bounce through the random 20, or whatever I get through before I get tired and give up. But please do read cause today has PHOTOS. First: Let it be known let it be heard “All hail the Great Silvia.” I have just got the most rocking of trades. Way back in the day she was all sour about some calmer (with a souring price… sheesh people I love that yarn, but man you charge a bunch for a cotton/acrylic blend…) in the color Sour. I in my beneficent manner said hey I have some from an accursed attempt to make Soul from the Calmer Collection- you wannit?? She said yup and I somehow overcame my irrational hatred and avoidance of La Poste- and with a crap card (cause the real one was at home and if I didn’t get there that day… it might never have happened!) I sent it off and her way. She in return poked and prodded me about what I wanted for swag. It is overwhelming to think of these things people! I am going to create a whole page on this and yarn places in Paris at the new site :) In the end I decided I would rather get me some Banana Republic bottoms (cause serious people I refuse to buy a size 40 in pants at Zara just so they fit my thighs, especially when I am 34 in skirts… and Zara thinks we are all 8ft tall. I, for the record- without heels, am 5ft on a good day). So I asked if I sent em to her, would she ship them on to me. She said sure but was gonna get candy too. See how much she rocks. So I said here is a list of a few things, surprise me with none, all or whatever. Whatever got me this stash of candy (Well some of it is gone. A girl has to have herself a white trash dinner every once in a while- my favorite… well with some Ranch dip from Mama Cate to go with the chips and Reese’s Peanutbutter cups. SCORE!) Second: Photo of the Week- with out a doubt the one that made me smile walking home on Friday night.
(photo taken on Quai de la Messagerie, and yes the trolls are in a bird cage)
Third; Let’s talk knitting. What am I knitting? I am knit fiendishly this weekend on Mama Mao’s Clapotis. Here is the status 3 balls of yarn later (apologies for the fuzzy nature, I took it as I was running out the door this morning- and I must go get one more ball this week). It is pretty and Tink likey… surprise, surprise as this started out as a knit for MOI. I will definitely be recreating this one soon! And further knitting news- I have gotten me my knitting book! After I saw the Grumperina’s socks for Grandma, I knew I had to get the book (actually I like all of grandma’s socks and may just turn into a copy cat!). So I have me some vintage socks to knit. And cause I went without a plan and without thought to the Bon Marche (La Grande Epicerie is next door) I decided to buy some purple yarn. Purple Kid Classic to make a hat, and lilac baby cashmerino to make either these or these socks… probably for Mama Mao this Christmas (which if I do I might do double padding for the sole like the padded footlets from IK- if I can figure out how to do them). I need another knitting project on a timeline like I need a hole in the head. But there it is…
Also does anyone know where one might find itsy bitsy bamboo circs? With current trends as they are- I believe I will have finished up enough holiday knitting to take the Pretty Wrappy Top Collars on the plane to finish, and maybe see if I can get help at the LYS to finish the bugger up :) That said, I believe I worked all the Valium ribbing for Pretty Wrappy Top on 2.75 and or 2.5 needles. The POINTY ones, that leave my fingers RED. They are also metal and since US security needs to feel up under my boobs to know I am wearing an underwire bra, I'd just as soon not loose my metal needles if I don’t have to. So I am on a mission to save the fingers and the needles and find me some itsy bitsy needles. If you have any suggestions, please send them forward! Last but not least… I introduce you to the amazing wonders that are Cheesy Bread.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Silvia said...

Save the Trolls is the funniest thing I've ever seen! I'm glad the package got there, it was so incredibly hard to figure out the postal service website (and I work for a catalog where we ship things out all the time!). Then putting in just enough candy so the package weight doesn't ratchet up to the next level was tricky. King size is best in my world...

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home