Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A five minute drive by

Ok I love my boss. I had been hoping for substantive work. This brings me to my idiocy moment of the day. First of all- never want anything, you will get it and NOT be thanking yourself. See I work by the have them under estimate you so when you make normal goals people think you are the shiznit! Now I am under pressure. Boss tore a muscle and is having surgery on it and out of office for next two weeks. Therefore he asked me if I wanted to help with a paper of his. OK, I am now writing a paper for BIG FALUTING Monetary Institution to PUBLISH. No, no pressure or anything... So you get random run by: After weekend (see previous post) with Martha's sleeves I was in DIRE need of brainless knitting. Guess what arrived in time to save me? THIS. I don't know why the yarn people sent me silicon kiddie muffin molds?? I don't ask these things, I don't speak German. This yarn helped immensely when I had a bonehead moment. A moment in which I locked myself out of my flat, and had to go to may landlord's after work, WAY OUT in the BFE Banlieues... Three and a half hours on the RER (or at the station) and you have a sock finished! (Another has been since started too!) And since I am avoiding the lace, the holes have teeth and are after my sensitive bits, here is the photo of one lacy on the fly sock. Proof that single sockitis does exist Chez Tink. And just to brighten my day I got a RAOK! Cindy sent me stitchmarkers! With such a fashionable card... they brightened the "Winter Griselle will NOT go the HELL AWAY and let me wear that KILLER new dress I should not have bought" day. Look for them to be playing the leading role with knitting in the future. And then to put the cherry on the cake Kim Hargraves goes and gets her site online! I jump for Joy. Only not in a kit... or in white for that matter.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting mix of merchandise - yarn and silicon muffin molds. Glad to hear lots of knitting going on, sorry about that looooonnnng RER ride but you're a smart one - knit socks while you're at it. Hope all is well, sounds good over there in Paris' work and knitting land of yours! Terry in SF

10:44 PM  
Anonymous anna said...

i love the lacey socks - is that the broadripple pattern? what's the yarn?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Stinkerbell said...

Hi Anna,
That is Koigu yarn that Lizabeth so kindly gifted me with! I can confirm the color later.

As for the socks, thank you! They are actually my own pattern. I don't think it is anything special but once I have finished up I might post it. If you are interested feel free to email me :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kitten said...

um mufffin molds? uh ooooooook. So drooling over those india skiens. Some day soon...oh yes some day soon my feet shall know their joy.

11:28 PM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

Sorry to hear about the trip to the banlieues. Don't you leave a set of keys with the guardien? I can't tell you the number of times when I had unexpected guests when I was in Paris due to lost keys after a night out at Kitty O'Shea. The socks are lovely and about Martha...at least you're knitting the small sizes, when I have to reknit anything it invariably involves a lot more stitches!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home