Tuesday, March 01, 2005

When life gives you lemons…

FIRST ask why the fuck Life is bringing you lemons, cause really I have ALWAYS wanted to know! I love me my lemons but there needs to be some spice and variety in life I think. I mean Sevilla Oranges are bitter, in quasi season and much classier. And then commit yourself to the inevitable (and potentially an insane asylum) : make lemonade- praying that the white substance you pour into the mixture is Crack or Sugar- cause if it is salt you are in for one hell of a pucker. So if you couldn’t guess we have hit a wee bit of a snag over here. In fact it has not been a pleasant weekend plus Chez Tink. Yeah not even one guess about it either. Rodger, copy that the anvil has landed. Repeat after me Bureaucratic fuck ups. I am not going go into any details, as you can probably guess half of them anyways; except to say that I am this close to the cracking point. There is only so much of a repetative beating I can take anymore and I am at that threshold horizon. What does this mean?? Well I am facing some distinct possibilities or a compilation of said possibilities. 1.CLEARING out the bank Account and then some that I don’t know where I will get it from… 2. Another last minute emergency visa run 3. Loosing the job 4. Being the crazy gringa who ran through town naked to Pont Neuf and jumped with a ball attached to the ankle for a “swim” in the Seine So until I have something in hand and am on firmer ground I am going to take slight blog hiatus (i.e. this week). I will get back to all about the Knitting Bible discussion soon, promise. But for right now I am not exactly stable and I am not in the mood for anything. I am being eaten alive by anxiety and the likes therefore not humorous or anything else other than depressively dreary and crabby (not least because the weather fairy sent a nice little “movement” and it is colder than a witches tit over here) Though I like Bonne Marie's thoughts on Green. And they lifted up the spring-y thoughts. So I am hopeful that next week I will have happy and contented news. Until then if you have any extra spare kind thoughts and want to send em my way, do feel free as I would as ever be grateful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I'm really sorry that things are a mess, I don't get this visa thing at all...

Hope it all gets sorted soon!

Hugs

Anna

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kitten said...

ok as a visa veteran these are my thoughts

1. have a glass of wine, a hot bath and a sominex and chill out a bit

2. you will not lose your job

3. am firmly CONVINCED that no one in the history of the world has EVER gotten a visa without first being put through hell, that's how they design the process, just when you lose hope? they give you the sodding visa.

my own visa story? when moving to the UK I was told at the last minute that I was missing some paperwork and wouldn't get my visa, I placed an emergency call to the consulate and explained said paperwork just didn't exist and what could I do? her answer "I dunno, just fly to London if you get a friendly agent they might give you the visa if not you'll be deported" yeah, just what I wanted to hear.

In the end? agent didn't even look at half of my paperwork before giving me the visa with a weary "that's ok ma'am I believe you, put away your papers"...all that stress for nothing.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Kitten said...

I agree the Oslo is a bit brighter than I had wanted but it was like %30 off, I really REALLY wanted India but I could only find it full price and hey I'm a sucker for the bargain

12:01 AM  
Blogger Orris said...

*HUG*
It will happen.
You'll be fine.
Money will come to you.
I am not an magic 8 ball, despite how I sound.
*knitting good thoughts for you into a luck blanket*

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way. I know everything will turn out for the best. This too shall pass! ::good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts::

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home