Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Drama Queen Has Left The Building

Ok so first things first, I need to thank everyone for putting up with my tirade yesterday. I know I am not supposed to post but I was in a full blown pity party at Old Mac Donalds Farm yesterday (here a crap there a crap everywhere a crap crap!). Life was out to get me and all that other kind of BS. And I couldn't let that rest. I am not a gracious host to pity parties nor do I intend to spend a day of my life as the victim. It turns out I was making a bigger deal than necessary out of things for no reason. I self-resolved the whole thing by looking at the calendar. It was Wednesay not Thursday as my freaking the hell out brain was saying. I had some grace time, you know time to procr-ASS-tinate :) That took some of the pressure off for 2-3 seconds. I also noticed that I was in the starting grasps of a full blown migrane, the kind that reduces me to mumbling incoherent playdough and gives Mt. St. Helens a run for her money. It had been so long since one had flown down the tarmac that I completely failed to notice the pilot circling the cabeza. I did however manage to catch it in time. I got me some milk (serious I get crabby with out the dairy) chugged that liter like a beer bong pro and popped 3 Aleeve. Chez Tink we do not mess with the migrane; we show it immediate R-E-S-P-E-C-T. We pop the drugs like we were a former gymnast that subsisted on vitamin I (I for Ibuprofen); wait I was :) And by 11pm last night I was doing much better! I even finished one of those stupid competency things and confirmed some one would lie about me having interpersonal skills (besides the ones I employ to tell people off) and say "yes I knew her when she managed the president of Botswana. She saved the world from a great dust mite plague and knew about our religions too." One down other two started. This WILL get done by Friday. And then I saw the nice comments and well even though my bank stateside faked me out saying everything would be fixed and now saying no it's not and freaking me the F*CK out, I send my eternal gratitude and thanks to you all. Cause I smiled for one itsy bitsy moment. And now for the lightning round of Q and A: Anna:My dear thank you so much for the offer, but the flat has nothing besides my DVD player to watch on and well without internet access I was too late. I am going to go look up the spin and see if there is any live stream of it online. Polly- Plumbers... I could have done with out French Plumber's Crack to be honest. I am sure this will all be a funny story about 6 months from now. But to answer the real question. No I haven't gotten the book yet, loans don't get here for a while. It is ketchup pasta time :) I as always agree with you though. Learning in person would be better, but I gots to get this sweater off to munchkin before she grows out of it! it is the 6-12 mo size and she is already a hearty 2 mo. Life is sometimes suboptimal :) Froggy: You warmed the itty bitty bottom of my heart right there. Knitty buds really are the best. Thet hear you bitch and say I want to send you cheer!! Email me your addy and it is postie time for you!! Adele- Pretty Wrappy Top is a pattern from none other than Phildar Tendances Automne. My version (probably the reason the thing is not done yet, is in French. But I believe you can get them in English if you google it I am sure you will fid a vendor) La: I am SOOOO glad my capacity and proclivity to speak my mind and do so like a sailor brings you back. Trust me much to my mother's prim chagrin it hasn't gone anywhere in the past 15+ years. As for a button look at the top of the left column take it be nice and do let me know where it is homed. And with that I am back to trying to clean up the rest of the messes o' plenty in my life. I can bitch as long as I am trying to fix it right??

8 Comments:

Blogger Adele said...

Thanks for the info. I happened to find it when surfing around. I'm gonna go get a copy (with English inserts - yah) this afternoon.

6:20 PM  
Blogger La said...

I guess it helps to open my eyes and look, huh? Whew! For a second there I acted like a man. Your button will be residing at http://www.knottygirls.com/jenlablog

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having one of those, wow this day sucks big time, kind of days today. So I know what you mean. *smile*

Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

9:43 PM  
Blogger Adele said...

Hi again,

Can I ask you a quick question. You bought the Cecilia right? Do you know the yardage on it (I've searched). I want to sub the yarn and have the same about of balls in weight, but I'm not sure of the yardage.

Thanks.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm a fellow migrainee. Thank goodness for Imitrex.
Li

1:22 AM  
Blogger Adele said...

Don't worry about the yardage for Cecilia, I finally found it. It's hard to get info on Phildar yarns.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Stinkerbell said...

Adele, glad you found it. In general if you read Pretty Wrappy Top Posts you will notice I am in Love with the color but not so entranced with Cecilia.

Best of luck with it and make sure to let me know when you start it!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are just too sweet. you need to send me your "addy" (love that) too. i just know that is going to the next word i am going to use to the point of someone telling me to stop making statements for the sole purpose of saying "addy", lol!

take care!
froggy

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home