Monday, October 11, 2004

Blah Blah Blah

My ass drageth, never let it be said I do not put the ass in procrASStinate. I have 3 deadlines this week and they are all pressing. So I guess it is good I work best under pressure… hell who am I kidding I only work under pressure. First and Foremost:
I have to send a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Kae who is covering mon cul in a big tarp kind of way (read me being stupid, her making it better). This goes way above and beyond the call of duty; it is much more than a cookbook; one of my favorite desserts. Probably confirms I am a snob, but I love it. I will try to add something else but not for a week or so.
Tutti Frutti:
After ripping her out, I knit her right back up during the debate last week. I haven’t really done much more since then on this scarf. It is a little over a ball and I am liking it, though it probably is a bit too wide. No way in hell I am ripping it back out though. I think I will use all three balls for it.
Day Dream: Some people might be under the impression that my knitting might be enviable; but my finishing is not, and it is PISSING me off! Where oh where is the Finishing Brigade?? Remedial finishing knitting class, needed right here. Once I get my loans, before I buy yarn, I am buying me the finishing book everyone says is the bible! I sat down with the sleeves to attempt mattress stitch. I had the great Knitty explanation. I was stoked… I could NOT get it to work. It looked horrid and I was having serious issues with the increases on the sleeve. So I gave up and tried the stick the two bits together and "stitch." Stitch is in quotations as I have no clue what kind of stitch. I just took the yarn snaking it back and forth up the sleeve. The first one turned out somewhat acceptable the second one well... I am not happy. You take a look and feel free to tell me if I am being an out of control perfectionist or not.
Better One
Bad Seam
Pretty Wrappy Top: Well in all honesty folks we are about 3 minutes from HALT mode. However on a positive note, I am 95% done with the pointy needle knitting; belt and that is it! And for that my fingers are eternally grateful. I have finished the ribbing for the two front pieces. I have played with the pattern and numbers for the back and for the front repeatedly. It is irritating as all hell as I thought I had cracked some bits of the equation, but I am either 2-4 stitches over or under. Enough to make me batty. Since I already have a permanent residence visa there, it says a lot. So until there is a mathematical miracle or I figure this out… I am knitting Tutti Frutti.
HAHAHA I triumph over pointy needles!
Fidgety Me:
After the scarf… well there is nothing in the line up to knit. I don’t have any yarn (accessible) and I don’t have any project set up. So it is time to let my ADHD self off the leash. I am out to make Tigger look like he has popped a valium while smoking pot. That is right; I bounce like no ones business.
For the observant among you, you have noticed that I have been switching my Lustful Desires photo often recently. I did not name this blog Fidgety Knitting without just reason. There are lots of things I want to make and the most appealing right now are from the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk selection. And since I can’t afford the yarn for a while, I keep changing my mind. I saw this as I was walking the streets Sunday, they wanted 260 euros! I have to say it looks so pretty, but I am NOT paying that price. Instead it makes me want to make Lara.
Don't I look like Lara?

And with that random entry I bid you adieu. I have an application to finish and a chapter to write, plus all sorts of other things I don’t want to do but my ostrich method is not accomplishing. And if I don't get cracking I will hate myself in the morning. I already have enough problems with morning as it is, so I cannot tempt le fate ignorante! *** I love my life, really I do, well some days :)

***that chest belongs to one of my favorite Italian actors, in one of my favorite Italian films. Drool with me for a moment over the divne Stefano Accorsi. Sorry that the film site is in German, but he is great and so is the film.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Congrats on (almost) getting the job.
Good luck at the breakfast!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the French breakfast.

PS: Just took a look at the Debbie Bliss
Alpaca Silk Collection. Very nice!
Lara is my favorite.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home